Explore the Lehigh Gorge State Park in an inflatable kayak!
On The Expedition, you’ll take control, challenge yourself and get a great workout. Explore 12 miles of the Lehigh River when it is not open to whitewater rafters! You will independently navigate and explore the Lehigh Gorge State Park via an inflatable or sit a top kayak. You will catch eddies and ride waves while discovering the history of the Lehigh River in Jim Thorpe. Our river guides will be with you the entire time providing basic instruction on how to maneuver, surf and navigate the river as well as help you get back in your kayak if and when you swim.
2020 Lehigh River Expedition Dates
- 10th & 24th
- 7th & 21st
- 4th & 19th
Private Expedition trips are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
2020 Lehigh River Expedition Rates
- Individual – $84.99 (ages 13 and up)
- All necessary kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Free parking
- Post-trip bonfire
- Change rooms
- Shuttle service to/from the river
- Professional river guides
- Lunch (6″ sub, Chex Mix, cookies and a bottle of water)
WARNING: This trip is not for everyone. Participants must:
- Check in at Pocono Whitewater Rafting, Jim Thorpe.
- Be able to swim
- Be in good physical shape and athletic
- Be 13 or older and under 300 lbs.