Explore the Lehigh Gorge State Park in an inflatable kayak!
On The Expedition inflatable kayak trip, you’ll take control, challenge yourself and get a great workout. Explore 12 miles of the Lehigh River when it is not open to whitewater rafters! You will independently navigate and explore the Lehigh Gorge State Park via an inflatable or sit a top kayak. You will catch eddies and ride waves while discovering the history of the Lehigh River in Jim Thorpe. Our river guides will be with you the entire time providing basic instruction on how to maneuver, surf and navigate the river as well as help you get back in your kayak if and when you swim.
Lehigh River Expedition Dates
- 16th & 30th
- 2nd, 16th & 30th
Private Expedition trips are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
LEHIGH RIVER EXPEDITION TRIP NOTES:
- Check-in at Pocono Whitewater in Jim Thorpe, PA
- Max group size is 21 kayakers
- If this trip is full, we will take photos of everyone on the river. If photos are taken, they will be available for purchase in our store at the end of your day or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.
- Wear shoes that will not fall off your feet. Bare feet, flip flops, slides or slippers are NOT permitted.
Lehigh River Expedition Rates
- Individual – $99.99 (ages 13 and up)
LEHIGH RIVER EXPEDITION RATE INCLUDES
- All necessary kayak equipment
- Life jacket
- Free parking
- Post-trip bonfire
- Change rooms
- Shuttle service to/from the river
- Professional river guides
- Lunch (6″ sub, Chex Mix, cookies and a bottle of water)
EXPEDITION WARNING: This trip is not for everyone.
- Be able to swim
- Be in good physical shape and athletic
- Be 13 or older