Big Day Out
Three awesome adventures in one big day!
Pocono Whitewater Multisport Adventures!
If you’re seeking a BIG multisport adventure – Rafting, Biking and Hiking – then our BIG DAY OUT is definitely for you. Check-in at Pocono Whitewater and then hop on one of our Trek bikes and embark on a 23 mile bike ride between the 1000 foot walls of the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail. At the famous Glen Onoko in Jim Thorpe you’ll not only relax by the Lehigh River, but also enjoy your tasty box lunch.
After lunch your day continues with a scenic hike to an abandoned railroad tunnel and a beautiful overlook of the Lehigh River in the Pocono Mountains of Jim Thorpe. You will descend back to the Lehigh River where whitewater rafts and equipment will be ready for your arrival.
You will raft the final leg of your adventure! The Lehigh rolls and bends as you go whitewater rafting and navigate rapids past the ruins of 18th century dams, locks and dwellings. Our friendly, well-trained guides will accompany you every step of the way as you explore the Poconos.
BUT WAIT – your BIG DAY OUT doesn’t end there…
A delicious dinner and roaring bonfire at our Pocono Whitewater Adventure Center await your return. Your first victory drink (beer or soda) will be on us! Finally, your day is complete and you can hang out around the bonfire and brag that you survived Pocono Whitewater’s BIG DAY OUT!
Need a family adventure to include kids ages 4 and up? Then our exclusive Pocono Pirate Rafting may be right for you.
2022 Big Day Out Dates
- 4th & 18th
- 2nd, 10th, 16th, 24th & 31st
- 7th, 14th & 28th
- 5th & 17th
- 1st & 15th
Private Big Day Out adventures are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
2022 Big Day Out Rates
- Individual – $114.99 (ages 13 & up)
BIG DAY OUT RATE INCLUDES
- Rail Trail bike ride on The D&L Trail
- Trek rental bike and helmet
- Guided hike to overlooks of the Lehigh River Gorge
- Class I, II and touch of Class III whitewater rafting trip
- All necessary rafting equipment, life jacket, full wet suit and splash jacket if needed
- Change rooms
- Free parking
- Trip shuttles
- Professional guides
- Lunch (sub, Chex mix, cookies, water)
- Dinner (stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread, mixed veggies, beer/beverage)
- One FREE beer
- Post-trip bonfire
BIG DAY OUT TRIP NOTES
- Check in at Pocono Whitewater Rafting, in Jim Thorpe.
- Most of our rafts accommodate 4 to 7 people. If you have less than 4 people in your group, there is a possibility you will be teamed up with other whitewater rafting guests.
- This is a physically demanding trip. If you are looking for something less intense, we recommend our Big Night Out.
- Vegetarian and gluten free meal options are available, please give us a call for details.
- If you forget something you can pick it up in our whitewater retail shop.
- Wear shoes that will not fall off your feet. Bare feet, flip flops, slides or slippers are NOT permitted.
- Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.
If you would prefer a simple bike ride that doesn’t include whitewater rafting or hiking, check out our sister company, Pocono Biking.