Nothing brings people together like adventure!
Whitewater Rafting Teambuilding energizes and unifies any group. Building your staff into a strong team that works together is essential in today’s competitive environment. Whitewater Rafting helps strengthen communication and leadership skills, sparks creative energy and builds camaraderie… all while having fun in the great outdoors! Our team building programs are customized based on your needs. We offer everything from an easy day on the river with corporate invoicing, to light teambuilding with on-river activities, to in-depth programs featuring both classroom style and outdoor events. Our whitewater rafting includes 8 miles on the Lehigh River.
Some of the activities we often use are:
- Dazed and Confused: Work with your crew to spin your raft to the left and then to the right upon guide’s instructions. The group who finishes the activity the fastest will receive a reward. Skills: Teamwork and communication
- Swift Water Swim: Each person will enter the water and swim through a rapid one at a time. Staff and finished swimmers will be there to encourage and comfort. Skills: Trust
- Blind Man’s Booty: Each of the crew with the exception of the captain will be blindfolded. Our staff will then disperse water guns into the water. The captain must instruct the crew how to get to each gun and get it into the raft. The crew with the most guns wins. Skills: Trust, teamwork, and communication
- Whitewater Grand Prix: Each crew must race their raft up river, around a bridge pillar, and back down to where they started. The team who does it the fastest will receive a reward. Skills: Teamwork and communication
- Mock Rescue: Participants will swim through a current and their teammates will use a safety rope to rescue them before they end up in the rapid below. Skills: Trust, teamwork, and critical thinking
- Rope Game: The group will break up into teams of 5 or 6 people. One rope will be given which has knots every 1 to 2 feet. Each person will line up with their hands between two knots. You can slide your hand from knot to knot but can’t go over top of one. Each team must find out how to untie the entire rope as a team. Skills: Communication, teamwork, and process of elimination
- PFD Race (3-legged race): The group will break into pairs. The pair will use one of their life jackets and tie two of their legs together. From there, they will race out around a bucket and back to the starting line. The winners from each waive will then compete against each other. Skills: Communications and teamwork
Individual – $79.99 per person
Rate Includes: Lunch, all necessary rafting equipment, life jacket, free parking, change rooms, shuttle service to/from the river & professional teambuilding facilitator, post-program award ceremony, corporate invoicing.
Trip Notes: Teambuilding trips are available for groups of 10 people or more. Each raft will accommodate 4 to 6 people. There is a minimum of 10 people required for whitewater teambuilding. Remember, whether your objectives are serious teambuilding or a day of fun and camaraderie with a touch of team-work thrown in, we have the program for you. Your entire day is tailored to the specific needs of your group.
Customized breakfast and dinner packages are available. If you forget something you can pick it up in our retail shop. Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com. Group Photos are also available.
We also offer Skirmish Paintball as an alternate teambuilding option.