Big Day Out
July 04, 2019
If you’re seeking a BIG adventure – Rafting, Biking and Hiking – then our BIG DAY OUT is definitely for you.
Begin your day with a hearty breakfast to charge you up at the Broken Paddle Bar & Grill. Following breakfast, you’ll hop on one of our Trek mountain bikes and embark on a 23 mile bike ride between the 1000 foot walls of the Lehigh Gorge Rail Trail. At the famous Glen Onoko in Jim Thorpe you’ll not only relax by the Lehigh River, but also enjoy your tasty box lunch.
After lunch your BIG DAY OUT continues with a scenic hike to an abandoned railroad tunnel and a beautiful overlook of the Lehigh River in the Pocono Mountains of Jim Thorpe. You will descend back to the Lehigh River where whitewater rafts and equipment will be ready for your arrival.
You will raft the final leg of your adventure! The Lehigh rolls and bends as you go whitewater rafting and navigate rapids past the ruins of 18th century dams, locks and dwellings. Our friendly, well-trained guides will accompany you every step of the way as you explore the Poconos.
BUT WAIT – your BIG DAY OUT doesn’t end there…
A delicious dinner and roaring bonfire at our Pocono Whitewater Adventure Center await your return. Your first victory drink (beer or soda) will be on us! Finally, your day is complete and you can hang out around the bonfire and brag that you survived Pocono Whitewater’s BIG DAY OUT!
2019 Big Day Out Rates
- Individual – $114.99 (ages 13 & up)
2019 Big Day Out Dates
- April 27th
- May 11th and 18th
- June 8th, 15th and 29th
- July 4th 7th, 13th, 21st and 28th
- August 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th
- September 7th and 21st
- October 5th and 19th
Private Big Day Out adventures are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
- Breakfast (egg sandwich, tater tots, beverage),
- Lunch (sub, Chex mix, cookies, water)
- Dinner (stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread, mixed veggies, beer/beverage)
- Each raft will accommodate 4 to 6 people
- Vegetarian meal options are available, please give us a call for details
- If you forget something you can pick it up in our retail shop.
- Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.
Have questions? Click here for additional Big Day Out Information or call 1-800 Whitewater (570-325-8430).Book Now