Big Day Out
August 12, 2018
If you’re seeking a BIG adventure – Rafting, Biking and Hiking – then our BIG DAY OUT is definitely for you.
Begin your day with a hearty breakfast to fuel you up at the Broken Paddle Bar & Grill. Following breakfast, you’ll embark on a 25 mile bike ride between the 1000 foot walls of the Lehigh Gorge Rail-Trail. At the famous Glen Onoko you will relax by the Lehigh River and enjoy your tasty box lunch.
After lunch your BIG DAY OUT continues with a scenic exploration of an abandoned railroad tunnel and a hike to a beautiful overlook of the Lehigh River. You will descend back to the Lehigh River where whitewater rafts and equipment will be ready for your arrival.
You will raft the final leg of your adventure! The Lehigh rolls and bends as you go whitewater rafting and navigate rapids past the ruins of 18th century dams, locks, and dwellings. Our friendly, well-trained guides will accompany you every step of the way.
After your thrills, you will return to the adventure center for a victory dinner around the bonfire! In addition to the feeling of accomplishment, you will also be awarded your first beer in a Big Day Out Mug on us!
2018 Big Day Out Rates
- Individual – $114.99 (ages 13 & up)
2018 Big Day Out Dates
- April 28
- May 12 & 19
- June 9, 16, 30
- July 4, 8, 14, 22, 29
- August 5, 12, 19, 26
- September 8, 22
- October 6, 20
Private Big Day Out adventures are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
- Breakfast (egg sandwich, tater tots, beverage),
- Lunch (sub, Chex mix, cookies, water)
- Dinner (stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread, mixed veggies, beer/beverage)
- Each raft will accommodate 4 to 6 people
- Vegetarian meal options are available, please give us a call for details
- If you forget something you can pick it up in our retail shop.
- Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.
Have questions? Click here for additional Big Day Out Information or call 1-800 Whitewater (570-325-8430).Book Now