Big Day Out
Three awesome adventures in one big day!
If you’re seeking a BIG adventure – Rafting, Biking and Hiking – then our BIG DAY OUT is definitely for you. You’ll begin your day with a hearty breakfast to charge you up. Following breakfast, you’ll hop on one of our Trek mountain bikes and pedal between the 1000 foot walls of the Lehigh Gorge Rail-Trail to the famous Glen Onoko where you will relax by the Lehigh River and enjoy your tasty box lunch.
After lunch your BIG DAY OUT continues with a scenic hike to an abandoned railroad tunnel and a beautiful overlook of the Lehigh River. You will descend back to the Lehigh River where whitewater rafts and equipment will be ready for your arrival as you begin the final leg of your adventure! The Lehigh rolls and bends as you go whitewater rafting and navigate rapids past the ruins of 18th century dams, locks, and dwellings. Our friendly, well-trained guides will accompany you every step of the way.
Pocono Whitewater Awesome Adventures!
BUT WAIT – your BIG DAY OUT doesn’t end there…
A delicious dinner and roaring bonfire at our Pocono Whitewater Adventure Center await your return, complete with a BIG mug to fill with a frothy beverage of your choice. The mug is yours to keep as a souvenir to prove to your friends and family that you survived Pocono Whitewater’s BIG DAY OUT!
2018 Big Day Out Dates
- 12th and 19th
- 9th, 16th, and 30th
- 4th, 8th, 14th, 22nd, and 29th
- 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th
- 8th and 22nd
- 6th and 20th
Private Big Day Out adventures are available to groups of 10 or more people, mid-week. Just give us a call at 1-800-WHITEWATER (1-800-944-8392) to arrange your private trip.
2018 Big Day Out Rates
- Individual – $114.99 (ages 13 & up)
- Rail-Trail bike ride
- Trek rental bike and helmet
- Guided hike to overlooks of the river
- Class I, II, and touch of class III whitewater rafting trip
- All necessary rafting equipment, life jacket, full wet suit and splash jacket if needed
- Change rooms
- Free parking
- Trip shuttles
- Professional guides
- Breakfast (egg sandwich, tater tots, beverage),
- Lunch (sub, Chex mix, cookies, water)
- Dinner (stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread, mixed veggies, beer/beverage)
- One Free Beer
- Souvenir mug
- Each raft will accommodate 4 to 6 people
- Vegetarian meal options are available, please give us a call for details
- If you forget something you can pick it up in our retail shop.
- Your photo is taken on the river and available for purchase in our store or online at PoconoWhitewaterPhotos.com.
- View an example Big Day Out itinerary here.
If you would prefer a simple bike ride that doesn’t include whitewater rafting or hiking, check out Pocono Biking.